TURNING SUNGLASSES and EYE WEAR INTO SHOW STOPPERS!
Over the years I’ve collected some fun and unique styles of eyewear that I use to wear all the time. A few years ago, I decided to give them a face lift. A vintage-style face lift with crystals, stones, and beads which have all been strategically and painstakingly placed one at a time, by hand, with a straight pin. This labor of love led to the start of Sunglass Shenanigans!
The inspiration for this line came from a pair of sunglasses that use to belong to my grandmother which she handed down to me. They were mint green, shiny specked, cat-style sunglasses which were embellished with small little seashells and pearls across the upper frame and some hints of rhinestones around the frame face. All the decorative pieces were in varying shades of green. They were fabulous and a big hit!!! I loved them and I miss them!!
This is my process to insure that every pair of eye wear is of the utmost quality.
DESIGNER'S PRE-INSPECTION PROCEDURE OF EACH PAIR OF GLASSES:
1. Designer cleans each pair of glasses carefully to check for scratches in lenses or loose lenses prior to setting any crystals/stones.
2. Designer wears the glasses indoors/outdoors to insure there are no visible flaws in the lenses and they are free of lens flaws. Also, to confirm that ear pieces are strong and not flimsy, and that they sit straight on the face.
3. Designer sets each stone / crystal, one at a time with an industrial strength adhesive which does not crack or break off as temperatures raise or drop.
4. When glasses are complete, Designer gives them a swift cleaning to see which stones/crystals were not set strongly enough to withstand the cleaning. Those stones are re-applied w/more adhesive to insure their stability.
5. Designer packages carefully for safe delivery and securely mails them to their new owner!!
"LIKE" and "SHARE" me on Facebook to get regular updates! Share a photo w/your new glasses on my Facebook page. Your feedback on my site is always appreciated.